In earlier versions of MS Outlook (i.e. Outlook 2002 and earlier), the .PST files are in ANSI format and the overall .PST file size limit is 2 GB. Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, 2013 and Outlook 2016 support both ANSI and UNICODE .PST files. The overall size limit of Unicode .PST files in Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 has been preconfigured to 20 GB. And in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016, the overall size limit of Unicode .PST files has been preconfigured to 50 GB.
While using earlier versions of Outlook (i.e. Outlook 2002 and earlier), what to do when the .PST file size exceeds its file size limit and how to repair 4 GB PST files? Using inbuilt tools for repairing oversized .PST files is of no use and IT administrators at this stage prefer to use third-party tools as a solution to overcome these issues as inbuilt tool (ScanPST.exe) fails to scan the PST files that exceeds their file size limit and is unable to resolve the corruption issues.
Error messages occurred while accessing oversized MS Outlook PST files:
- xxxx.pst cannot be accessed - 0x80040116
- Errors have been detected in the file xxxx.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool.
Error messages occurred while adding new messages or items to the PST file that makes it reach or exceed 2 GB File size limit:
- The file could not be added to the folder. The action could not be completed.
- Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C): 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C'
- The file xxxx.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, then permanently (shift + del) delete them.
- Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x00040820): 'Errors in background synchronization. In most cases, further information is available in a synchronization log in the Deleted Items folder.'
- Can't copy the item.
Due to exceeded PST file size limit, MS Outlook may stop responding due to its performance degradation. On crossing 4 GB PST file size limit, Outlook starts hanging making .PST files corrupted or damaged and all the data stored within them becomes inaccessible. Using a prominent third-party tool would be the much better option to repair 4 GB PST files. Numerous third-party tools are available in the market nowadays that ensures accurate repairing of 4 GB PST files. Kernel for Outlook PST Repair is one such powerful third-party tool that repairs 4 GB PST files and recovers entire email data embedded within them with complete accuracy.
Outlook PST Repair - Key Features of the Software:
- Effectively repairs MS Outlook PST file that exceeds its file size limitation.
- Provclasses quick and accurate recovery of emails even from broken PST files that get corrupted due to 2 GB PST file size limitation of MS Outlook.
- Has no boundation of PST file size limit for recovering email data items.
- Complete attachments, notes, tasks, journals, zipped attachments, contacts, calendar events, Sent Items, Drafts, junk emails, Outbox items, decorated text, attached image files, Email properties like From, To, Subject, CC, Bcc, Time, Date, and every included object in the email can be easily recovered from the inaccessible PST files.
- Provide many options to save the recovered email messages in PST, MSG, MBOX, DBX, EML, TXT, RTF, HTML, and MHTML file formats.
- Exclusively exports restored PST file to Office 365
- Easily transfer PST files to other email servers like MS Exchange Server, Novell GroupWise, and Lotus Domino
- Capable of migrating PST file to web based mail apps Google Apps, Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo, AOL, and Outlook.com
- Allows splitting the recovered PST file after a particular size like after 1 GB, 1.5 GB, 2 GB, and so on.
- Offers Save Snapshot and Load Snapshot features.
- Allows saving emails of required date range by either selecting "Save all time", "Save between selected date range(s)", or "Do not save between selected date range(s)" option.
- Offers “Attach prefix to store name” option in case you want to add prefix to the recovered PST file name.
- Facilitates “Exclude deleted items while saving” option to exclude deleted items from destination PST.
Outlook PST Repair – Supported Versions
Kernel for Outlook PST Repair Supports repairing PST files created using any available version of MS Outlook including MS Outlook 97/ MS Outlook 98/ MS Outlook 2000/ MS Outlook 2002 (XP)/ MS Outlook 2003/ MS Outlook 2007/ MS Outlook 2010, MS Outlook 2013 and MS Outlook 2016.
The software works well with all Windows Operating System platforms including Windows 95/ Windows 98/ Windows NT/ Windows 2000/ Windows XP/ Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Window 8.1/Window 10/ Windows Server 2003/ Windows Server 2008/ Windows Server 2008R2 and Windows Server 2012.
Outlook PST Repair – Give Software a Try
Download the evaluation version of Kernel for Outlook PST Repair for FREE and get acquainted with its 4 GB PST File repair functionality. The free trial version works exactly similar to that of the full version and effectively repairs oversized PST files. However, it doesn't allow saving recovered emails and other items. To overcome this limitation, purchase the software for saving Outlook emails in .PST, .MSG, .DBX or .EML file format.